SOLVED

Marketo/SFDC Sandbox Integration

Go to solution
Kyle_McCormick
Level 5

Marketo/SFDC Sandbox Integration

We are working to implement our Marketo Sandbox and connect it to our SFDC sandbox.  When sending an email to a lead in sandbox, will the actual lead receive the email, or can we set the email address to go you a system admin?

Is there an easy way to set the default email address if it doesn't send to the lead?

Thanks,

Kyle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marketo/SFDC Sandbox Integration

Yes, it will go to the lead by default.

You can use a campaign to set all lead email addresses to a system email address.

use the change data value flow step and select email address, select new value and set to your system email address.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it will go to the lead by default.

You can use a campaign to set all lead email addresses to a system email address.

use the change data value flow step and select email address, select new value and set to your system email address.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I recommend creating a seed list for your team so you do not inadvertently send to real leads from the sandbox. You need to upload a list so they are real leads.

Your sandbox may also have not been setup properly to run email (DKIM/etc) so never send real emails from there.

Kyle_McCormick
Level 5

Awesome, thanks for your suggestion.  I am working on setting up the sandbox now.  Do you recommend me not setting up DKIM so it doesn't send emails?

Thanks,
Kyle

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, setting up DKIM would be a good idea, unless you want to test our your campaigns.  Sometimes you need to receive the email to verify your campaigns are working properly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not setting up DKIM does not mean it would not send emails out. It means that the emails it sends out might not be delivered.

DKIM is a 'best practice enhancement' for making sure that the emails you send out actually get delivered.

So even if you do not setup DKIM correctly, emails will go out.

Rajesh