Marketo Reports Run Too Slow

Cristina_Leonet
Level 2

Marketo Reports Run Too Slow

Hello All,

Marketo is a great platform but when I have to run a report I cry a river!

Each time I create a report I have to wait for 10 minutes at least! One single report 10 minutes it's too much time ah?

How I can have a report without waiting so long?

Thanks,

Cris

4 REPLIES 4
Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Re: Marketo Reports Run Too Slow

Hi Cristina Leonetti ,

What sort of reports are you running? Are they Marketo OOB reports or RCE reports?

I can say for a fact that RCE reports are natively slow. There is not much you would be able to do about it. I have tried every thing. But OOB reports shouldn't take that long. Perform if you can provide more perspective about what type of report are you running and on what size of data, then we can narrow down the issue.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage
Cristina_Leonet
Level 2

Hello Ari,

Thanks for your kindly reply, I'm speaking about OOB report with few filters and a very simple structure.

I run the report this morning and it is still running, 15 minutes without any response it's really annoying...really not happy about this service,

I opened this discussion to see if other people have the same issue and receive a suggestion, but I see I have to reach the support at this point.

Thanks,

Cris

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Cristina Leonetti ,

I created a few reports like Email performance and email link performance reports (for a few programs) today and seems to be working fine for me. Are you running these reports for a specific program or the entire database? I have seen a few cases with my clients where the data base size is extremely extremely huge and when certain smart lists or reports are run on such databases, the reports take very long to populate or even gets times out at times. So it depends  If you are running reports on a relatively small /medium size of audience, it shouldn't take that long. And in which case, perhaps it is an instance specific issue. In that case Id recommend you to get in touch with Marketo support.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage
Anne_Angele1
Level 4

Typically when I find reports and smart lists are running slowly in an instance, it's one of two things - a very large database OR a very large number of trigger campaigns, especially ones triggered off of "lead/person is created". When you are using a lot of processing power, it slows down everything. Do you think your instance falls into either of those categories?