SOLVED

Re: Marketo Report Capability

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Report Capability

I'm looking to see if there is way in Marketo to show the number of daily web form fills. For example, if I'm driving form fills for a particular campaign and the campaign is supposed to run for a period of time, I would like to see a report that shows how many form fills came in by a given day to do a trend analysis. Similar to what we have for email, where we can look at open rates by day and time to gauge performance.

Is there a system date or some type of a date field in Marketo that can show me the date the form was filled out and got into the program as a lead?

I spoke to support and they believe there isn't which makes me wonder. How come Marketo does not have such an option for reporting. There has to be some sort of a work around. Hoping to get some new inputs

Thank you!

Manisha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Hi Manisha,

You could always use progressions statuses to tag people at the date/time that they complete a particular action then run a program status report. This would only require you to update the program status to be "visited page" and "filled out form". You can then add people to static lists to pull the information or smart lists of their program status. The beauty of progression statuses is that the status is stored until they change, which is longer than an 'activity' filter or trigger which is stored for only 90 days.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hey Manisha,

I don't believe there is an out of box report that shows form fills displayed across date ranges by volume. The closest thing you could do is build a smart list that says filled out form, date of activity is x date. Write down the volume on that day, change the date to y date, write down the volume. I know this is a very caveman-like approach but if the span of time is over months, you could use "Between" criteria to isolate weeks months or years. Great concept to be posted as an idea for MKTO though. You could also create a Web Page Activity Report to look at traffic the landing page with the form received by day. Should correlate with form fill volumes.

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hi Manisha,

Unfortunately there is no such report.

If all your forms are on Marketo landing pages you could run a Landing Page Performance Repot set to "yesterday" and send yourself a daily subscription with attached xls spreadsheet and build the trend report in Excel.

If you have program statuses tracking form fill outs, you could use the Program Performance Report with daily subscription, but that will involve some math, since every day it would show you increments.

Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Hi Manisha,

You could always use progressions statuses to tag people at the date/time that they complete a particular action then run a program status report. This would only require you to update the program status to be "visited page" and "filled out form". You can then add people to static lists to pull the information or smart lists of their program status. The beauty of progression statuses is that the status is stored until they change, which is longer than an 'activity' filter or trigger which is stored for only 90 days.

Hope that helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your feedback! Very helpful.  Kristen, I would like to try what you suggested but I just want to make sure I understood it fully.

I already have a Filled Out Form progression status in my program set up as a smart campaign. So is what your suggesting become an additional flow step that tracks date/time as well?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to move this into our Products and Support​ area since it's Marketo product specific.