Marketo Permissions for Non-Marketo Core Team Marketing Staff

Parfitt_David
Level 3

Marketo Permissions for Non-Marketo Core Team Marketing Staff

We have a global marketing organization with functional teams scattered throughout NA, EMEA, APAC and CALA, as well as a dedicated Marketo team that pushes the buttons on all the activations, uploads, etc.. Most of our Marketing organization members have limited Marketo access, and can't actually upload leads nor are they able to activate and approve any programs.  We do allow them to go in and clone/build, with the Marketo team doing a final review and activation.

Is there an industry best practice around this?  Do other companies allow users outside their core Marketo team to have more privileges such as activation and lead list uploads?

Thanks for your inputs,

Dave

1 REPLY 1
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Marketo Permissions for Non-Marketo Core Team Marketing Staff

David,

Not sure if there are best practices for user roles, but I imagine I wouldn't grant someone access to Marketo if they were not part of the core Marketo team. The only instance I can think otherwise would be if Sales members or a CMO needs access to Analytics, in which case they can use the "Analytics User" role or a web designer needs access to Design Studio, in which case they can use the "Web Designer" role.