Re: Marketo/Netsuite Sync

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo/Netsuite Sync

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anybody can let me know how a marketo/netsuite sync is compared to a marketo/SFDC sync? We currently have the latter but are considering switching... please let me know your thoughts!

5 REPLIES 5
Julz_James
Level 10

The Netsuite Sync to Marketo isn't that great from what I've seen.  Its a little glitchy and the information you see in Netsuite isn't very coherent or easy to understand.  I believe there is a lot of custom coding that needs to be done to get the sync to work and for it to display in Netsuite.

I know this isn't a comprehensive answer but that is the small experience I've had with it.

Thanks

Juli

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Juli. Since I'm not too familiar with the netsuite/marketo sync any bit of information helps. Thanks again for your comments.

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

With non-native integrations you'll need to use middleware. The basic idea is, Marketo plugs field mapping to the middleware, Netsuite plugs in field mapping to the middleware and the middleware crisscrosses fields to the correct field in the other system.

All integrations are done through SOAP or REST and will require API calls, so if you already have a solution using API calls intensively, take this into account. The shorter the sync cycle, the more API calls required. The number of API calls can also be affected by how efficient the sync is. Obviously the more fields/objects you have synced, the more API calls required.

Managing the field mapping can be tedious, the initial set up requires you to map all your fields and objects in the middleware. Ongoing, you'll need to create custom fields in both platforms and then map them in the middleware. Depending on the smarts of the middleware you've chosen, this can be less tedious.

Getting a bit more technical, related to how efficient some middleware syncs, some middleware keep metadata to ensure and each field has their own last updated date, this allows only 1 field to get updated in a sync cycle rather than the whole lead record. Also a technical issue is how each system manages duplicates and the middleware will need to be configured to work with both accordingly.

Overall, if you execute well and already have a clean database, it shouldn't be a hard project. Expect it to take a few months to get up and running...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Megan,

There are some middleware solutions, that are able to sync Marketo and Netsuite. Here is a small list of them:
- https://www.workato.com/integrations/marketo+netsuite
- https://www.bedrockdata.com/marketo/marketo-and-netsuite-integratio
- https://skyvia.com/data-integration/integrate-netsuite-marketo

The last one is available on
LaunchPoint.

Briana_Beatty
Level 1

Hi Megan,

We have used Launchpoint partner Vertify for our NetSuite/Marketo integration. Mostly it has worked, however, we no longer have the ability to create custom fields on the Company Object. We had to sign a waiver with Marketo when they removed the SFDC Sync to CRM stating we were aware that some functionality could be lost. Also, the learning curve with the Vertify product is steep. It is requires some detailed database knowledge and a dedicated team member to monitor and coordinate the mapping. It involves a lot of heavy lifting from Vertify as well as our internal marketing automation team.

Briana Beatty