Re: Marketo Mondays - Episode One

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Marketo Mondays - Episode One

Marketo Mondays Episode 1 - YouTube

Hi Guys,

I posted this in General Discussion as I wasn't able to add it to the video section, only a user group.

Please let me know what you think and if you have any ideas for subjects to cover in furture episodes.

Apologies for the quality, as its called Marketo Mondays I didnt want to have to wait another 7 days to get it out.

I do not take offense to criticism, so please feel free to critic it.

Plans for Marketo Mondays.

I want this to be a weekly seriese for the community that will feature Tips, Tricks and Best Practices.  It will not always be me either, over the next few months I would love to visit other Marketo contribuitors and do profile videos and show different examples of how people set up their Marketo instances.  As I am based in Belfast/Dublin Ireland I'm looking for people in the EMEA region to volunteer first.  If you're interested, follow me and drop me a PM.

8 REPLIES 8
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Nice job, Gerard - I'm sure those getting started in Marketo will appreciate these tips.  And even some of us veterans will learn a tip or two!

BTW, are those all your mobile devices hanging up on the wall there?!

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Dan Stevens​,

Thanks, I'm going to get a bit more technical some weeks.  Next weeks episode was going to be "How to create your own custom product (icon) flames in Salesforce.  Not very good for the MS Dynamic people through

That's my mobile lab behind me, I don't always trust Litmus plus I also use it for testing web designs as well.  I need to update a few of the devices but I have most of the recent and popular Apple and Android devices.

Chris_Saporito
Level 9

This is really good stuff! I've been using Marketo for about 3 years and the Web Developer toolbar is going to be a huge help for my day-to-day Marketo work. Well done.

Kevin_McMahon1
Level 5

110% agree Marketo runs way smoother on Chrome.

Love the Web Developer Toolbar tip, especially how it can be used to quickly locate landing pages and forms in Marketo. Thanks and looking forward to more videos!

Albert_Alvarez
Level 3

great tips!  Thanks!!

ChristinaZuniga

I knew the right click feature existed so you can easily jump to different parts of a program or within a smart campaign, but I never took the time to use it before. You bring up a good point about how much time it will cumulatively save. Thanks!

Darrell_Alfons2

Great job man

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

This is great, Gerard! I'd not heard of the developer's toolbar and that's definitely going to make my life easier. And can't believe I never realised you could right click on a smart campaign to access the flow...

You should connect with Veronica Holmes on this - I know she's working on some similar quick tip videos.

Feedback wise - the numbers slides included are great but it'd be cool to see a slide that says briefly what the tip is - e.g. "Smart Campaign Shortcuts", and outlining these in the description of the video with timestamps. I can imagine coming back to these videos looking for a particular section and that'd make it quick and easy to find. A bit of tighter editing could also probably cut the length of the video by a couple of minutes.

Awesome stuff, I'll look forward to the next one