Re: Marketo Managing Campaigns in SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Managing Campaigns in SFDC

I am working with an existing Marketo connection it has been managing the campaigns in SFDC, but when I enter SFDC I can't update the start and end date of the events, or any of the details associated with it.

Does anyone know how to manage these fields from Marketo without creating a campaign that updates those fields accordingly?

(specific fields are as follows:

• Start date
  • End date
  • Description)
15 REPLIES 15
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please move the thread to Products and someone will answer it there. "Community" is for website feedback, not product support -- and yes, this is confusing!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank will do. Now that I have done that why is it that the community feedback and help is not for help?

Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It is a little confusing! Community feedback and help is for feedback on the Community itself (posting, interacting, navigating) and not on Marketo as a product. But the good news is, if you are ever having trouble using the Community, you know where to post it!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Like Darrell said, it should be called "Help with this website" or something like that.  Maybe someday it'll be renamed. It lures in a couple of people every day.

Dan_Stevens_

Just out of curiosity, Eric, what steps did you take to find the "Community Feedback and Help" section to post your question?  Especially, since It's not available from the top navigation bar anymore (only "Marketing Discussions" and "Product Discussions" are accessible from the top).

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went down to the section that says in a place and then I clicked browse places. There it was.

Dan_Stevens_

So you initially selected one of the two discussion links from the top navigation; and then change "Products" to "Community Help"?  Hopefully the community admins will see this (Janet Dulsky) and use it to help them further optimize the community based on the different scenarios like you mentioned here.  For example, maybe "Products" needs to be changed to "Marketo Platform" or "All Things Marketo".

pastedImage_1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not quite in the top right corner I selected create new discussion.

pastedImage_0.png

Then in the discussion I went to Browse Places

pastedImage_1.png

In browse places I went to spaces tab:

pastedImage_2.png

I went to community help and feedback.

Dan_Stevens_

Now it makes sense why many will post their Marketo questions into the Community Help/Feedback or Marketing Central spaces.  Seems odd that "Products" is the last option here - when it's the most popular place in the community.  It would be great if this can be the first option, and renamed. 

Janet Dulsky