Re: Marketo Instance Migration - Question on Sandbox

Nina_Valtcheva5
Level 5

Marketo Instance Migration - Question on Sandbox

We are migrating to a new Marketo instance and new Marketo sandbox. Planning to connect the new Marketo instances to the existing SFDC production & sandbox instances. Wondering if anyone has experience with this. How hard is it to do a Marketo sandbox migration? We are thinking we would want to migrate the Marketo sandbox first and connect it with the existing SFDC sandbox to make sure everything is working, before we go live with the production migration. Curious if this would be double the work and if it's worth it, or would you recommend just risking it and going live with the production migration without migrating & testing in the sandbox enviroments first? 

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
harshalk
Level 1

I am also looking for same. 

Laura_Dobanda
Level 1

Hi - I am looking for the same now. Did any of you figured this out?

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

From Marketo Champion Brooke Bartos:

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Courtney_Tobe2
Level 2 - Champion

One thing to point out though is I don't think you can copy over any new fields you create in  Sandbox into your production instance. We did a Marketo implementation last fall and we started with testing everything in Sandbox first. We created several net new fields in the Sandbox for testing purposes and were told by our Marketo consultant that there was not a way to push those fields into our production instance, and instead we would have to manually create them.