SOLVED

Re: Marketo / GoToWebinar Sync - Webinar Tomorrow - HELP Please

Go to solution
Kathi_Gosche
Level 4

Marketo / GoToWebinar Sync - Webinar Tomorrow - HELP Please

I have two webinars scheduled for tomorrow. I've been using Marketo to manage the registrations and response emails. When I log into GoToWebinar, all my registrations show pending approval even though their status shows registered in Marketo. I know the Marketo confirmation emails with the GoToWebinar link included in the email has been delivered to registrants. However, when I clicked on my registration link in a test email today, I am taken to a screen that says my registration is pending approval from GoToWrebinar. (I am approved in Marketo). All the registrations from Marketo do appear in GoToWebinar, so I know they are syncing. I

've contacted GoToWebinar who says they can't help me since it's a Marketo issue. They also say that I have to approve registrations in GoToWebinar and that once I approve their registations in GoToWebinar, they will receive the login details from them even though I have all emails disabled within GoToWebinar. This last statement seems to be true since I used myself as a test subject and sure enough, I received the confirmation from GoToWebinar. Of course I only want the Marketo confirmation to be sent.

Can you tell me:
1) Should GoToWebinar show my Marketo registrations as approved now, or does that happen later? 
2) Must registrations be approved in GoToWebinar instead of Marketo?
3) Is there a way to prevent GoToWebinar from sending the confirmation email?

Any help anyone can provide would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks,
Kathi
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the registration tab in GTW, at the very bottom there is a setting that says "After Registering".  Can you tell me if that is set to Upon Approval?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the registration tab in GTW, at the very bottom there is a setting that says "After Registering".  Can you tell me if that is set to Upon Approval?
Kathi_Gosche
Level 4

It was set to "manually approve". I figured out the issue and changed it to automatic, which corrected the issue. Thanks for your response.