Marketo Forms = SFDC without an Email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Forms = SFDC without an Email

Can I submit a Marketo form *without an email* and have the data sync to SFDC? Early test seem to indicate "No"
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Re: Marketo Forms = SFDC without an Email

This would depend on your sync setup. But if you sync based on the email address, this would just create a new lead and it would sit in Marketo.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kim,

Thanks for your reply! I'm looking at the initial reports and it would appear that the leads (with no email addresses) are not populating in my marketo database either let alone syncing to SFDC.

I may have to go directly to our PS representative, but any particular pointers you can provide to 1) pull reports with all form leads (including those w/o email address) and 2) edit my Marketo => SDFC sync settings is greatly appreciated. 

Best regards,

Don
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my understanding, a Marketo form cannot be submitted without an email. But you can upload a csv or xls with a lead that does not have an email. 
Robert_Solis1
Level 3

It is highty recommended to include an email address field for Forms otherwise you are relying on the Lead being tracked and cookied on their browser when submitting the form for Marketo to know to update an existing Lead and not create a new one each time.  If you created a new Lead from a Marketo form that did not include an email address it can be inserted into Salesforce as SFDC's only default requirement for new Leads is Last Name and Company Name so as long as a value is provided for each of these fields it will create the Lead in Salesforce.