form settings:

Form Prefilled is disabled

Issue: it keeps user the previous users data

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo Form, keeps saving prefilled data

It's not enough to disable PreFill.  You have to ensure that the Munchkin cookie is not sent with the form. 

If this is a true kiosk app (never used by anybody who needs to be remembered) then turn off Munchkin completely on the LP and clear all current cookies and you'll be good to go.  Otherwise, you'll need to follow the referral form pattern which is described in numerous Community posts. (The referral pattern is different because there you have one "real" user of the app filling out the form on behalf of other leads.)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It's not enough to disable PreFill.  You have to ensure that the Munchkin cookie is not sent with the form. 

If this is a true kiosk app (never used by anybody who needs to be remembered) then turn off Munchkin completely on the LP and clear all current cookies and you'll be good to go.  Otherwise, you'll need to follow the referral form pattern which is described in numerous Community posts. (The referral pattern is different because there you have one "real" user of the app filling out the form on behalf of other leads.)

Dayna_Wellman3
Level 3 - Champion Alumni

Hi Will,

We ran into the same problem and Corey Bethel was able to build Java Script code that clears the values after submission of the form so there's no tracking. We just add this as an HTML element to the landing page. I just answered this question yesterday for someone else and it worked for them, but let me know if you have any questions!

<script>

//add a callback to the first ready form on the page

MktoForms2.whenReady( function(form){

//add the tracking field to be submitted

form.addHiddenFields({"_mkt_trk":""});

//clear the value during the onSubmit event to prevent tracking association

form.onSubmit( function(form){

form.vals({"_mkt_trk":""});

})

})

</script>

Dayna Wellman
Campaign Operations Consultant @ Etumos
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

We use a similar approach that was discussed in depth in this thread: Re: Non-trackable landing page is still identifying me