SOLVED

Re: Marketo Form Not Displaying Correctly in WordPress

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Form Not Displaying Correctly in WordPress

I'm new to Marketo, and this question may have already been answered, but I have an issue using a Marketo form in WordPress.

The form looks how I want it to in Marketo, but once I add the Marketo form embed code into a Code Block in WordPress, the layout of the form is changed. I have two multi-select drop downs where I want to have 4 lines/options visible to the user. It's correct in Marketo, but when WordPress renders the code, the 4 lines get compressed to a single line, with only 1 line/option visible. How do I get the form to display correctly, like it does in Marketo?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You have an explicit CSS rule on your WordPress site that sets the height of SELECT elements to 29px (look in line 120 of the source code).

You probably want it to be only for single selects:

select:not([multiple])

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman

You must provide a sample URL so we can look at the code. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I can't give you the URL to the form I want to use, because I haven't added it to the page yet. I used the embed code provided by Marketo, added it to the page, and then used the "Preview Changes" feature in the WordPress page editor to see what it would look like without actually publishing the page. I have, however, created a temporary "Testing Page" where I have added the form with the Marketo-supplied embed code. I have put a simple password on it because I don't want the page to be accessed as part of the main site. The password for the page is "test", and the URL is http://riskinnovationsllc.com/testing-page/. The form displays better in Chrome than it does in Firefox, but it's still not displaying how I want it to, and how it should based on its appearance in Marketo.

SanfordWhiteman

You have an explicit CSS rule on your WordPress site that sets the height of SELECT elements to 29px (look in line 120 of the source code).

You probably want it to be only for single selects:

select:not([multiple])

Anonymous
Not applicable

What CSS file are you looking at?

SanfordWhiteman

The STYLE tag on line 120 of the main document.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I see what you’re talking about. Now I just have to find out where/how to change that in WordPress. Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman

OK cool, if you could mark my post as Correct for clarity...