Re: Marketo Email Add-in and Mac...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Email Add-in and Mac...

Hi All,

I use my MacBook Pro Retina as my work computer. I have Windows installed, but much prefer the mac side of things.

However, I like to send emails with Marketo's Outlook add-in for the sake of automated salesforce task registering and for the reporting functionality (was the email opened, was a link in the email clicked, etc...).

Any suggestions as to how I can continue to use Mac OS X but send emails with Marketo?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Michael,

Outlook for Mac does not support plugins, and Microsoft has no apparent intention to deploy support for them, so your options for sending Marketo Sales Insight on Mac are going to be limited to MSI for Salesforce, or the Gmail add-in.
David_Gallaghe2
Level 5

Hi Kevin and Team,

A lot has changed in the past 10 years—including Outlook 365 for Mac now supporting Add-ins.

Do you have any updates on Outlook for Mac or Outlook for Web Email add-in support? Will this be revisited soon?

I have a large swath of both sales and mktg colleagues that would like to use this add-in; however, they recently transitioned from Windows to Mac and running Windows on Mac at our company is currently a no-go.

Any insights would be appreciated! 

20230628_094612PDT - marketo email add-in for outlook.png

Source

Documentation > Marketo Engage > Marketo Guide >
Install the Marketo Email Add-in for Outlook with a Registration Code

FYI: @Chris_Coel , @Kenny_Elkington 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Kenny, that is helpful.

Do you happen to know if there is a way to integrate my existing work email (which is an outlook / exchange email ... myname@mycompany.com) with gmail so I could use the add-in?

Thanks so much.

Michael
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Michael,

You'd have to consult your IT resource regarding that, as it would be completely dependent on your coompany configuration.