SOLVED

Marketo Custom Object Efficiency when used for multiple use-cases simulataneously

Go to solution
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Marketo Custom Object Efficiency when used for multiple use-cases simulataneously

Hi Marketo Community Members,

I am working for a client who is using Marketo as Marketing Automation tool for sending out transactional emails like Order Confirmation emails/Cancellation emails/Quote Request Emails/Smart Cart etc etc. (In total there are around 7-8 use-cases for CO related emails) Since I need to display the product related information in the order I am using CO for handling the same. I am using $TriggerObject for referencing the CO fields in velocity script, as of now I am having around 6 different COs for handling all kinds of emails - Since most of the fields in the emails are same - I was thinking of making a single CO which includes all the required fields for all different kinds of emails (total fields in this single CO will be <50 as per my calculations, so no issues # of field wise). Along with that I can have a field dedicated to identify the email to be sent (e.g. Order Conf mail/cancellation email etc.) I can use this field value as a constraint to the CO record is created trigger smart list trigger. My only concern is as long as I use $TriggerObject in the velocity would there be any case where my script would not be thread-safe - (i.e. different data sent in email than intended since at a single time there will be multiple instances of CO record creation with different data for different types of emails)  -  is there any limitations on parallel processing w.r.t. CO that could be a bottleneck that might cause any errors? Also I have a separate dedupe field as a primary key & a separate link field which connects to Person object's ID field in the lead database FYI. I tried searching the same on docs but I could not find any much helpful answers., hence Any thoughts on this could be helpful - thank you.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo Custom Object Efficiency when used for multiple use-cases simulataneously

The $TriggerObject is different for each execution, I wouldn't worry about thread safety.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo Custom Object Efficiency when used for multiple use-cases simulataneously

The $TriggerObject is different for each execution, I wouldn't worry about thread safety.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Thanks so much Sanford! 🙂