Re: Marketo Custom Fields Created First Syncing to Salesforce

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Custom Fields Created First Syncing to Salesforce

We have a been using Marketo for awhile and now we would like to turn on the integration with Salesforce.  So, we have a series of Custom Marketo fields that we need to map to custom fields in salesforce.  I know that you can create a custom field in salesforce and it will create the same field over in Marketo.  But, how do I get the salesforce custom field sync'ed to the Marketo custom field where the Marketo custom field has been created first.
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will get the opportuinity during the integration setup to map existing Marketo and Salesforce fields. Marketo will automatically map fields with the same name.
Nicole_Mossinge
Level 7

If your Salesforce custom fields end-up creating duplicate fields in Marketo, we can merge those fields for you.

You should submit a support request, listing the fields that you want merged.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jenna, thanks for the reply.  That is what I thought.  But when I created the exact field name in salesforce and then reset the schema in Marketo, it creates a new field, fieldname (L), and does not tie it to the existing custom field in Marketo.  In fact, I can not see any of the custom Marketo fields in the mapping screens.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Were the API names the same? There's always a name and then an API name, it's the API name that counts.