Re: Marketo Certification

Christine_Libro
Level 3

Thanks! If you've been living in the Email Marketing world prior to Marketo, you may be able to pass too. Check out the resources we shared and see what your comfort level is

Cody_Haener
Level 3

I found this blog series to be really helpful: Sample Questions for MCE Exam: Program Fundamentals 

There's four posts total. The links to the other three posts don't work, but if you search the community for "Sample Questions for MCE Exam", they will all come up.

Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

TLDR, but there is also a certification MUG in the Community you can check out here: Certification Study Group

Jessy_Chan1
Level 2

Thanks Gerard, this is helpful.

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Absolutely Agree to all the above points stated by Gerard, Brooke and Amy!

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage
Jessy_Chan1
Level 2

Jayanto_Sukul_S
Level 2

Confident will boost.

People view will change and in current organisation you will be more stronger.

Better opportunity for next phase of career, and hope the future employer/interviewer will ask less question as you are MCE with year's of experience (lol).

Kristina_Moy1
Level 2

The prep alone will teach you a lot of things you didn't know about Marketo. I recently just got certified (after working with Marketo for 3 1/2 years) and it definitely makes an impact when working with various stakeholders. They'll see you as a subject matter expert, and this can be a great thing for the present and for future opportunities. If your company can back you up to get certified, even better, because it means they want to you improve and grow your skills.

Anne_Angele1
Level 4

For me, the first time I was certified it was for the recognition and accompanying pay raise I would get with my then-employer. Just having the certification has helped immensely with finding work, I get more recruiting emails and am a better candidate for roles I am interested in. I've been using Marketo for 5ish years now and I still think the prep for the exam is useful for me. Sometimes I find new tidbits of information that have changed since my last exam or am reminded of a feature I don't use as often.

As someone who hires Marketo experts, I wouldn't necessarily view MCE as a replacement for experience, but I'd wonder why someone never got certified if they had a decent amount of experience. I rarely see candidates who have more than a couple years experience who haven't taken the exam at least once, even if they don't keep it current.

Huihsing_Kiang3
Level 4

Agree with all above. I've been certified for 3 years. And will renew my certificate for sure when the time is up. The bottom line for me is it makes me stand out quickly from the others who don't have it. I've asked Marketo Education group how many people got MCE 2 years ago. During that time, there were about only 3,000 worldwide.