Re: Marketo Campaign Documentation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Campaign Documentation

We're relatively new to using Marketo and would are looking at how to document our campaigns both during the implementation process and as reference.  Would anyone be willing to share what they do?  Do you doucment using excel or maybe a PM software of some kind?   All suggestions are welcome.

6 REPLIES 6
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Hi Ramona,

There's a bunch of different ways that you can do this; some solutions work better in one business than another.

Personally, I like Confluence. Most of the business I've worked in/with use both Jira and Confluence, so it meant that teams were already familiar with the tool, which is half the battle won. I set up different page templates in the system to make documenting super quick and easy, and make checklisting process steps straightforward too.

You can replicate a lot of this with free tools to a degree, but I've never tried anything that I find as simple and effective as Confluence.

Hope that's helpful in some way!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ramona,

I use Trello which I think is owned by Jira also. I create lists for channels and then cards for programs, and within each card, I describe the objective and any other relevant info. You can also use this format for development work, i.e. take notes within the card. You can also attach any flow diagrams that help explain the flows and if you use Google Drawing is has a connector to attach the files easily.

Hope that helps.

Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Great recommendations.

I have used Kapost and thought it was awesome. It allows you to load marketo emails and landing pages inside the tool and add to a gallery of past campaigns for reference.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Ramona,

On the campaign summary tab, you can export the campaign definition. You will get an excel spreadsheet that could be much enhanced, but better than nothing:

pastedImage_0.png

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

and vote here:

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

We use Workfront. You can view our detailed process in this thread: MARKETO SOP