Marketo CRM : issue with redundant leads

Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Marketo CRM : issue with redundant leads

Hi,

We are using Marketo and a non-native CRM (NetSuite).
We have following issue : some leads enter system under various email addresses. There are then pushed to our CRM. Sales merges leads under 1 contact and remove dubs.... until next synchronization when they have to do everything again.

Question
If we merge from 3 leads to 1 in Marketo and in NetSuite (presume we merge the same 1 lead in both systems) (Say we merge to lead #3 below)
Can we also prevent the 2 leads we merged from re-appearing (in Marketo first,then NetSuite)?

1. C1089047             christine.perrot@cnous.fr          (Lead 1)
  2. C512270               perrot@cnosu.fr                          (Lead 2)
  3. C27952                 perrot@cnous.fr                          (Contact 1)

Cécile @ Talend
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marketo CRM : issue with redundant leads

Cécile, in SFDC, when we "merge" a Lead with a Contact using the convert function, the corresponding lead records in Marketo are also merged automatically, so you may have some type of permissions / field blocking configuration setting that is causing the updates not be be synched to Marketo from NetSuite.  Also, when we merge the leads in Marketo, they are automatically merged in our CMS.

In the example you provided, were all of these records initially created in Marketo? If so, I'm surprised because it shouldn't create a lead record with a duplicate email address unless that duplicate is synched from your CRM (or via an API call).
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Elliott,

Just to clarify, for the moment we don't have bi-directional integration. Data is currently pushed only from Marketo to NetSuite but we are working on the flow back. So I guess your block permission assumption cannot work?

Yes the 3 examples have been created in Marketo. We have a certain amount of dubs in Marketo. I'm guessing this is due to manual update for a small part (MKTO user correcting typo in an email) and from API calls for most of them.

In SFDC, when we "merge" a Lead with a Contact using the convert function, the corresponding lead records in Marketo are also merged automatically
> so if I have 3 emails addresses (hotmail, gmail, talend). I merge my addresses under talend. Any activities under hotmail will go under talend?

Cécile

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes.

In SFDC, when we "merge" a Lead with a Contact using the convert function, the corresponding lead records in Marketo are also merged automatically
> so if I have 3 emails addresses (hotmail, gmail, talend). I merge my addresses under talend. Any activities under hotmail will go under talend?
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

so basically my issue can only be solved on the CRM side and I guess I need to check with MKTO support if the simultaneous merging in CRM and Marketo can work when we have a non-native CRM right?