Marketo Alerts are sending, but aren't being delivered

Grace_Edmiston1
Level 1

Marketo Alerts are sending, but aren't being delivered

Anyone else dealing with this? Or dealt with this in the past?

They've been working for about 18 months and now they're not coming through. The record history shows the alert has sent. All email addresses are formatted and inserted correctly; the alerts aren't getting stuck in spam, and my IT department has confirmed we've whitelisted Marketo's IPs, so that's not causing any issues.

I've changed nothing about how the emails or campaigns are set up, so a change on our end hasn't caused this.

I've reached out to Marketo Support to see if they can point me int he right direct but figured while I wait I'd ask my fellow Marketo-ers.

Thanks in advance for any help! 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo Alerts are sending, but aren't being delivered

The first step is to create new alert with a hard-coded sender, content, and recipient (to eliminate all token dependencies). Send to an external address that isn't one of your current alert recipients. Don't assume that anything "can't be the problem" without proof!

Grace_Edmiston1
Level 1

I've tested it and am finding the alerts are coming through inconsistently but they are coming through. My recipients are hard-coded as is my content & sender (the content does contain tokens but no tokens are involved in the sender or the workflow info).

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Inconsistently is almost certainly a problem on the recipient end, not Marketo's, unless you can establish this across recipient domains (i.e. across MXs).

Jamie_Rodger
Level 3

I know this is an old post, but did you find a solution. We have whitelisted Marketo for alert delivery and also have inconsistent results. Marketo says the alert launches but it doesn't appear in our inbox.