SOLVED

Re: Marketo Activity Ingestion - Understanding Behaviour of bulk extract

Go to solution
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

By "Control K" do you mean ASCII %0B?  Not sure why that would have any affect on your CSV parser.

DJ_Erraballi
Level 2

Sigh, so for anyone looking into this, i am still in the process of debugging/ working around. But the gist is that there was acontrol character present in the primary attribute value id. 

Python has as string command "splitlines" which is generally used w/ python csv readers to parse files. The splitlines commands willa ctually attempt to split on the ^k character as well, which is a fairly underdocumented feature of splitlines. This caused the parsing of the activity to likely fail in the way i have experienced. 

since this issue is client-side i will close this issue, (i am assuming there are no guarantees we won't get future files with control characters like this, and that recieving control characters is expected behaviour). 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yeah, that's pretty weird (and contra the CSV RFC, for what that's worth). The main reason you'd use a VTAB in the first place would be to indicate a new line semantically without using an actual CRLF.