SOLVED

Marketo API read data from FTP server?

Go to solution
Shawn_Wilfong1
Level 2

Marketo API read data from FTP server?

Does the Marketo API have capability to read data hosted on an FTP server?  Currently we use a separate application to digest the file and transfer it to Marketo, but it'd be great if we could just ingest it directly from Marketo.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo API read data from FTP server?

Nope.

The Marketo (REST) APIs are inbound APIs.

A service that you call as a webhook can read data from an FTP box, but it would still need to make a separate inbound REST connection to Marketo to upload the file contents. Triggering via webhook helps you avoid an external scheduler, but it's still custom code doing the download-reupload and not a huge leg up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman

Nope.

The Marketo (REST) APIs are inbound APIs.

A service that you call as a webhook can read data from an FTP box, but it would still need to make a separate inbound REST connection to Marketo to upload the file contents. Triggering via webhook helps you avoid an external scheduler, but it's still custom code doing the download-reupload and not a huge leg up.

SanfordWhiteman

@Shawn_Wilfong1 thanks for coming back and marking my answer, I appreciate it.

dhatchayini7
Level 2

Hi,

How to use adobe FTP via webhook in Marketo and does webhook need a middleware system?

SanfordWhiteman

Webhooks speak HTTP only. So you’d be connecting to a webhook-compatible service that in turn connects to an FTP server.

dhatchayini7
Level 2

@SanfordWhiteman Thanks for your response!

Could you please add some extra points on how it could be done which you have mentioned?

SanfordWhiteman

Can you describe exactly what data you're putting on an FTP (I assume actually SFTP) server, and exactly what you want to do with it in Marketo?