SOLVED

Re: Marketing suspended status

Go to solution
Jamie_Barclay
Level 5

Marketing suspended status

Can someone tell me how a lead gets assigned "Marketing Suspended".  I looked in the community and based on this definition it seems like we would take steps to mark a lead as "Marketing Suspended, but I'm not sure.

Marketing Suspend = you can change the status for a record so a lead can receive or not receive emails.

Email Suspend = As Justin mentioned above. But you also can't change the status yourself. 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jamie_Barclay
Level 5

Thank you Greg - so the only way a lead would be identified as "marketing suspended" would be if I manually went in and checked the box or set up a smart campaign/list upload as you outlined above?  

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jamie,

This is done through checking the "Marketing Suspended" checkbox field. This can be done through import or in a smart campaign, with a change data value flow step.

"Email suspend" does not really exist in Marketo. "Email invalid" does, as well as "blacklisted". Hard bounced email will be, on certain error codes automatically flagged as email invalid.

-Greg

Jamie_Barclay
Level 5

Thank you Greg - so the only way a lead would be identified as "marketing suspended" would be if I manually went in and checked the box or set up a smart campaign/list upload as you outlined above?  

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Yes, this is it

Jamie_Barclay
Level 5

Thank you so much!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

So you provided the right answer?

You may want to read this, chapter 4: Getting the most of the community when you have a Marketo question

-Greg

Elizabeth_Bonin
Level 4

Greg, as i was reading through this thread I'm finding it relates to a problem i'm currently having with a program. We did a send and it said 117 people of 181 qualified but only 66 got it. When I ran a smart list, i'm finding a lot of these leads have "marketing suspended" in their info tab. We never manually selected this for any of these records.

A little background on the leads/list:

These leads are not in our data base only a few of them have been marketed to before. If we just imported these leads as new leads into marketo, why would they have "marketing suspended checked"?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Liz,

In situations like this, better to ask a new question, so that many people will it, not just only me

Read this, it may help.

In order to know how these leads became suspended, the only way is to analyze their activity logs and search it for a "data value change" on the "marketing suspended" field. If you do not find it, then look at the lead creation activity to see if they were created with this field checked.

-Greg

Elizabeth_Bonin
Level 4

Thank you Greg! I was able to solve this yesterday i found that all 111 leads came in through sales insight and were checked marketing suspended. I ran a smart campaign and was able to change the marketing suspended from True to False

I'm still trying to understand why an automation like sales insight would mark new leads as marketing suspended under the lead info.