SOLVED

Re: Marketing Suspended until a specific date

Go to solution
Nicholas_Hajdin
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Marketing Suspended until a specific date

I want to allow for Sales to check Marketing Suspended and select a custom date field at which point to unsuspend the person in Marketo.

Example:

Salesforce: Sales checks marketing suspended and selects the custom date field (Unsuspend date).

Marketo: Marketing Suspended=True, wait until {{custom date token}}, change data value Marketing Suspended=False.

Advanced Wait Properties allow you to choose the system.date token, a selected date, or a duration. Is there a workaround to allow you to choose a custom date field as a wait step?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Nick,

You can use the trigger to set the suspended to true, but stop it there. Do not use waits and triggers for the end of suspension.

Use a batch campaign that filters in anyone whose Unsuspended end date is in past 2 days and that are suspended. in this smart campaign unsuspend them and reset the date to NULL. Make the qualification rule to "every time" anbd schedule the campaign to run every night, very early in the morning (like 1AM).

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Nick,

You can use the trigger to set the suspended to true, but stop it there. Do not use waits and triggers for the end of suspension.

Use a batch campaign that filters in anyone whose Unsuspended end date is in past 2 days and that are suspended. in this smart campaign unsuspend them and reset the date to NULL. Make the qualification rule to "every time" anbd schedule the campaign to run every night, very early in the morning (like 1AM).

-Greg

Nicholas_Hajdin
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Thanks Greg - this looks like it should work. I will run through testing once I get closer to Prod - just wanted to make sure it was possible.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

I am sure it works Long duration wait steps is not really a good idea, you never know what can happen. And you have no control.