Re: Mapping related Field

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mapping related Field

Hi all,

I have a quick question.

is it possible to map sfdc related field to marketo so I can export them on marketo. Like entitlements or service contract?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

Hi Jas Jones​ If the field is created in SFDC & visible to the Marketo User it will automatically be in Marketo to pull off of.

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

If you're referring to Salesforce related lists, i.e. custom objects in Salesforce, then I don't believe you can

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Yes, you can. You will have to map them as custom objects.

-Greg

Victor_Herrero
Level 5

Hi @Grégoire_Miche2 ,

Can you elaborate on this? I think it may be related to something we are trying to solve. 

I am currently struggling with the following problem:

Our business operates with two types of customers (Hosts and Guests) and our business model is about matching them for a cultural exchange.

We want to send a communication to Hosts in a specific opportunity stage (we call it Finalled), but we want to segment this communication depending on an attribute from their Guest: their type (which can be say "A" or "B")

In Salesforce this could easily be solved with a query, but in Marketo I haven't found a way to Create a smart list like this: 

Finalled Hosts whose Guest is of type A

This would mean querying a related object in Salesforce and I haven't figured out how to do this in Marketo. 

I was exploring the possibility to use SOQL in Velocity (but haven't found an answer yet). If this were possible, maybe I could just create one email with a script token that outputs different text depending on the guest type. 

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

As I understood the question asked, you wouldn't be able to add the custom object fields as columns in a smart list for exporting