SOLVED

Re: Mapping Marketo fields with Zoom fields

Go to solution
Bethan78
Level 2

Mapping Marketo fields with Zoom fields

I'm wondering if anybody can help me...

We have an integration setup between our Marketo instance and Zoom Webinars, which was working fine up until recently.

When a lead registers through a Marketo form, where the campaign is synced with the Zoom Webinar campaign, it's setting leads as having a 'Registration Error' as opposed to being just 'Registered' and therefore not sending the lead over to Zoom as it was doing previously.

I know Zoom have made some changes to their integrations since around May, which is pretty much where our issues have begun. When looking into the issue deeper, the Marketo 'reason' for the reg error is that 'job_title is required'. We ask for Job Title in the Marketo form and this is capturing normally - but is clearly not feeding through to Zoom and therefore creating the 'Reg error'.

I've been looking for a way to manually map the fields between Zoom and Marketo to essentially map the Zoom field of 'job_title' and the Marketo field of 'JobTitle' so the two can then be integrated however I cannot, for the life of me, in either our Marketo settings or Zoom settings, find a way to do this! 

If anybody else has had this issue and managed to have it resolved... please let me know!

Beth Davies
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Oz_Platero
Level 6

Hello @Bethan78 ,

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202835649-Webinar-Registration-Customization#h_24deba14-8b...

You will notice Zoom (at least in their current documentation) does not have manual mapping overrides for Person fields.  I would start by removing the required check box in Zoom first.  Than testing a few emails addresses; do not use email addresses associated with your Zoom account as it will also throw an error.  You can still make the field (job title) required in the Marketo side of things on a Form.

Also are you automatically accepting registrants or manually approving them?

Thank you,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Oz_Platero
Level 6

Hello @Bethan78 ,

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202835649-Webinar-Registration-Customization#h_24deba14-8b...

You will notice Zoom (at least in their current documentation) does not have manual mapping overrides for Person fields.  I would start by removing the required check box in Zoom first.  Than testing a few emails addresses; do not use email addresses associated with your Zoom account as it will also throw an error.  You can still make the field (job title) required in the Marketo side of things on a Form.

Also are you automatically accepting registrants or manually approving them?

Thank you,

Bethan78
Level 2

Hi @Oz_Platero,

Thanks for this, that article was really helpful!

I turned off 'required' field in zoom for the job_title field and it's now working fine! We're still collecting their job title through Marketo and then to SFDC so it's actually working as we would like it to.

Thanks for your help 🙂

Beth Davies