Mapping Facebook Custom Conditional Question / answers to Marketo Fields

Tony_Membrino
Level 2

Mapping Facebook Custom Conditional Question / answers to Marketo Fields

Hi...Has anyone run a Facebook Lead Ad with a conditional question set up on their Facebook form and successfully mapped all the responses to Marketo fields?

The second (conditional) question and answer depends on how the respondent answers the first question and in our case there are three possibilities to the second part. (each Question would map to its own Marketo field). Marketo can only see the first part of the question (at least that's all I see when I map the fields).  I suppose Marketo can't see the second part because of the three different possibilities. 

Thanks

Tony

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anna_Leary3
Level 3

Re: Mapping Facebook Custom Conditional Question / answers to Marketo Fields

Hi Tony - are you trying to set visibility rules on a Facebook lead ad form based on how certain fields are answered? I'm not sure this is entirely possible as it technically isn't a Marketo form and is just sending leads in through an API connection. 

Typically, Facebook Lead Ads are supposed to be simple forms for the purpose of generating leads. From there you would maybe want to send them an email that directs to a landing page that has a more detailed form for further information to see if they are qualified.

Tony_Membrino
Level 2

Thanks Anna. Yes trying to set visibility rules and map responses based on how certain questions/fields are answered. A simple form without the conditional questions is easy enough to map but Facebook Lead Ads are now allowing for conditional questions.  Your approach to get them to answer the additional questions is an option if we aren't able to duplicate what we do in a Marketo form.  Marketo support/engineering is looking into it. I'll update when I get an answer.  Much appreciated. Tony

Anna_Leary3
Level 3

Yes I'd love to know what they say. I also found this in regards to the conditional questions and needing a csv file with UTF8 encoding. I guess this would require all of the fields these are mapped to to be string fields? https://www.facebook.com/business/help/154286325106161