Re: Many to One Marketo Program Channels to Salesforce Campaign Types?

Nancy_Rosentha5
Level 2

Many to One Marketo Program Channels to Salesforce Campaign Types?

Hello, I know that In Marketo, you have the option to create a one-to-one mapping between a program and a Salesforce campaign.   

My question is, is it possible to map many to one between Marketo Program Channels and Salesforce Campaign Types.  Ex. They want to map Email Send, Single Email and Email Marketo Program Channels all to the single Salesforce Campaign Type, Email.  I have never heard of this being possible, but I thought I'd ask.

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Just keep all possible statuses in sync on both sides. Don't worry about the types.

It doesn't sound like this is really "many to one" in the sense of a proggie being synced to multiple campaigns automatically, or vice versa, which is definitely not possible. 

Nancy_Rosentha5
Level 2

No, they are not trying to sync a single Marketo Program to multiple campaigns, but like the following:

Marketo Program A1 Channel Email  synced with SFDC campaign A1 of Campaign type Email

Marketo Program B1 Channel Email Send  synced with SFDC campaigB1 of Campaign type Email

Marketo Program C1 Channel Single Email  synced with SFDC campaign C1 of Campaign type Email

SanfordWhiteman

Hmm, I have a feeling you'd have to change the SFDC record type after it's initially created as the matching type, then block your sync user from updating the type afterward. And that might or might not break the sync, and even if it works now could fail in future.

If you require this disjunction between the systems, it seems to me you should be managing SFDC campaign member status/Mkto program status manually, not using the automatic sync.

Nancy_Rosentha5
Level 2

I totally agree.  It seems like the user believed she had done this in the past and I didn't think it was possible. What I did find odd though is there was an SFDC campaign created this year of Campaign type Send Email, which was created by a Marketo SFDC Sync as the Channel Email Send, but the odd part was that this is an SFDC Campaign Type (Email Send) that was deactivated like 4 years ago?  I didn't think that was possible to sync/create a SFDC Campaign with an SFDC Campaign type that is deactivated?

Nancy_Rosentha5
Level 2

When I try to sync/create a SFDC Campaign from a Marketo Program with Email Send Channel, this is the error I get attached here.

pastedImage_1.png

SanfordWhiteman

That's pretty weird, where is "Marketing" coming from?  Was this a renamed channel type or something (just spitballing)?