Re: Manually add in contacts to Smart List?

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

Manually add in contacts to Smart List?

Hi,

I am newer to Marketo and trying to figure out Smart Lists and Campaigns. Our data is not good, therefore we have to apply alot of filters to our Smart Campaigns to ensure our segmented audiences are correct until we can clean our data. My question is, can you add in manually to a smart list/campaign. I have all my filters set however it is not pulling in some of the data from our Asset list. I verified the Asset data does exist in another smart list and was hoping I could manually add in the email address. When I try this it changes it to only pull in those emails I am trying to manually add.

Is my only option to import the list along with the smart list for the campaign or is there a filter I can use?

pastedImage_0.png

3 REPLIES 3
Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

One option here would be to use Advanced filters and include a filter where Email Address = "youremail@domain.com" (or a list of multiple values).

However, if it is more than a handful of names this may not be the best option.

Another option would be that rather than identifying the filters in the Smart Campaign, that you create a Smart List instead.

From there you could also create a static List where you could import your CSV file for the new lead to get them into Marketo.

Next, on your Smart Campaign you would have filters to include both your Smart Campaign with the filters (Member of Smart Campaign), one for your static list (Member of List), and then Avanced Filter logic for "1 OR 2".

-Geoff

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

Thanks Geoff

There is 90 emails, therefore it will not work using the email is filter. I think the Member of Smart Campaign is what I will need to do along with the advanced filter logic. Makes sense.

Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sure thing!

Don't forget to mark replies as Correct if it solves your issue.  That would be much appreciated!