SOLVED

Re: Manually Unsubscribe - in Marketo

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Manually Unsubscribe - in Marketo

Q1) Someone wants to be unsubscribed from the mailing list....Am i doing this correctly? I went into Database and clicked here.....there are many threads on the forum but it is way confusing as answer should be simple.

Please let me know if this is correct?

If it is a list of peoiple who want to be unsubscribed what smart campaign and flow should I use?

Q 2) Blacklisted: it means people will not even get operational emails (correct?) If I am wrong please provide correct answer.

pastedImage_0.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

In 99.9% of instances, checking that box will work just fine; unless for some obscure reason you or anyone has changed the functionality of your unsubscribe out of box...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ronen-Was-SRpro
Level 7

Hi,

I think what you see is a list of unsubscribers.

Blacklisted leads don't get any emails.

You can get additional information here- Understanding Unsubscribe - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

Ronen Wasserman
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ronen,

I actually went to the lead in the database and "clicked" on unsubscribe - I assume this is saved in the Marketo Database...as an unsubscribe..

So, is that correct or I can only do this unsubscribe using smart campaigns?

Nimisha

JD_Nelson

In 99.9% of instances, checking that box will work just fine; unless for some obscure reason you or anyone has changed the functionality of your unsubscribe out of box...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you JD Nelson that is what I needed to know...if this click will actually change their status to "Unsubscribe" manually.

Nope we still have it as unsubscribed....function

JD_Nelson

Many organizations also track 'unsubscribe reason' or something similar and there are some laws in certain countries that may require you to disclose when/why/how the unsubscribe was requested (speak with your legal team about it) - so my caveat to you is that simply checking this box will not meet any of those additional clauses.

Note: Marketo saves timestamp and program name of any unsubscribes received from your emails -- just as an example.