Managing a charity database within Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Managing a charity database within Marketo

Our company runs a charitable program, which we have a website for. We would like to use Marketo to email people involved in the program, but need to keep them separate from our "Marketing" database. In some cases the audience are teenagers we are communicating with, so they cannot fall into our normal "Marketing" communications.

I have thought to unsubscribe them, but then they get blocked from communications, and I don't want to change their unsubscribe to false before every email, then change to back to true.

Is there a better way to manage this separate database in Marketo - I do not feel confident telling the marketing team to always exclude this database from Marketing activity, it is likely they could forget to do this.

Thanks
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Managing a charity database within Marketo

So one option is Workspaces & Lead Partitions, which may be available depending on which version of Marketo you've purchased.

Otherwise, you could unsubscribe them but keep a separate Opt-In flag, and then send the Charity emails as Operational so the unsubscribe flag is bypassed, but filter out anyone who isn't Opted in. It's sort of the inverse of what you describe above, but you're relying on the Charity email team instead of Marketing, which might be better in this case.
Anonymous
Not applicable

cool, thanks for response
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

A better way is to tag them as Charity record with one of these options:

Lead Type=Charity/Normal
SFDC Type = Lead - Charity

or something like that.

You really do not need a Workspace/Lead Partition