Re: Managing Unsubscribes in an Engagement Program

Anonymous
Not applicable

Managing Unsubscribes in an Engagement Program

Hi all,

Quick question: How are you managing people that unsubscribe from your engagement programs today? Are you leaving them in the stream but pausing them? Or adding them to a separate Unsubscribed stream that contains no content to keep the streams clean with accurate counts?

Or some other solution I'm skipping over?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Kim_Allen
Level 10

I would probably just remove them from the engagement program all together to keep it clean.
Trish_Voskovitc
Level 5

i assumed if someone unsubscribes they will no longer receive emails in stream. is this not true?
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is true. However, I'm thinking about it from a reporting standpoint. It would be nice to right on the homepage of your nurture program to look at the counts of leads in each stream and have it be an accurate representation of who is actually receiving content in that stream.

The reason I don't think I'd want to remove them from the program is then you lose any stats associated with that person. I'm trying to keep a bird's eye view of the program so over the long-run I can look at success metrics, and I feel like looking at the quantity (and type) of people that unsubscribe is valuable. Plus doing any sort of success % would require you to use an accurate number of leads in the program.
Kim_Allen
Level 10

I guess it depends on how you have your streams set up right now (just emails vs programs) and what all you are reporting on. Maybe you could use progression statuses and change to Unsubscribed. But if you truly do like looking by stream, maybe you could just throw them in their own unsubscribe stream with no content.
Casey_Henry
Level 2

I change to a unsubscribed stream - which my stream names are my program status names and SF campaign member status names.  Then i create a completed task that identifies which email they unsubscribed from in the Subject.  That way I can see which emails are driving the highest unsubscribe rates and the trigger.name used in the task subject also identifies the program (we have multiple).