SOLVED

Re: Make a lead become known not anonymous via API

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make a lead become known not anonymous via API

Hi,

In Munchkin there is a "asscociateLead" function which update lead fields and make the lead become known if it was anonymous before.

We would like to replicate the associate lead  via API, but can't find a way to make the lead "known", (set the Is Anonymous attribute to false, seems like that attribute is not accessable via API).

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

I'm assuming you're using the SOAP API, not the REST API. You can't do this with the REST API (yet)

With SOAP, you can use syncLead and pass in Cookie ID, email address and other personal data. That will create a new Known Lead and merge the anonymous record into the known Lead. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

I'm assuming you're using the SOAP API, not the REST API. You can't do this with the REST API (yet)

With SOAP, you can use syncLead and pass in Cookie ID, email address and other personal data. That will create a new Known Lead and merge the anonymous record into the known Lead. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is API to use to implement Jep's approach:
http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/soap/synclead/
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jep and Murtza.
In the meantime, we managed to do it by create a new lead ourselves and merge the existing anonymous lead with that. We did not known the syncLead is capable of doing all that itself. I think Marketo should provide some note about that in the documentation.