SOLVED

Re: 'Make Dynamic' segmentation field is empty

Go to solution
Reina_Nagashima
Level 2

'Make Dynamic' segmentation field is empty

Hi there,

I was wondering if the fields for 'segmentation' within the 'make dynamic' feature are created by our Admin. or if there should be default segments? Right now there aren't any options when I click on the drop-down button or try typing. Is there a way to create a segmentation as an end user or does it have to be through an Administrator?

pastedImage_0.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Segmentations are managed by people whose role allows it.

Because you have a limited number of segmentations across the instance, it wouldn't make sense for less privileged users to be able to create them.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can create a Segmentation if you have the rights. Ask your Admin.

As for your screenshot, that looks like it is from an Email or Page. You may need to do a previous step to have this show up correctly. Perhaps there are no Segmentation available?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Perhaps you could show us more of the steps you took.

Reina_Nagashima
Level 2

I was trying to see if I could make one of our blocks dynamic so I went to the content tab on the specific block to see if I can choose 'Make Dynamic' which I could, but then the next step was what the image in the original post showed. Is there a different way to make dynamic content than the way I tried it? It's possible that our Admins don't have a segmentation set up.

pastedImage_0.png

SanfordWhiteman

Segmentations are managed by people whose role allows it.

Because you have a limited number of segmentations across the instance, it wouldn't make sense for less privileged users to be able to create them.

Reina_Nagashima
Level 2

Understood. Out of curiosity, what is the max. number of segmentations you can have across the instance?

SanfordWhiteman

20 Approved Segmentations.

Reina_Nagashima
Level 2

Thanks!