Re: Major Marketo Lag

Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

this hit me too!

support is saying nothing is wrong, but something was definitely wrong.

was yestearday

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Hi all. Sorry for the inconvenience that system slowness can cause. I can appreciate the frustration.

I wanted to just make one note here. This discussion thread has been open for about 3 months now. The original issue at the beginning isn't the same occurrence as the others mentioned along the way. It's just important to note that the system slowness that came up on September 1st hasn't been going on ever since then.

As with any SaaS company, there will always be technical issues that come up. Unfortunately system slowness has been one that has come up a few different times. Marketo is a leader in our industry and we are consistently innovating to offer new features. Operating multiple datacenters around the globe is a major undertaking, and the ability to scale rapidly with the expanding needs of a growing customer base is a challenge. There's always a big question in the tech industry of "build vs buy" - do you build your own solution or buy the service that is offered. Marketo wants to focus on driving new innovative solutions, which is a big part of why we've joined forces with Google Cloud. We can utilize their datacenters to ensure system stability, allowing us to devote all of our efforts towards designing more great features.

What this means is, we hear you. And we're devoting massive resources towards ensuring that these system slowness issues go away for good. Until we've fully migrated, if it comes back, please just Contact Marketo Support​ so we can get it resolved as fast as possible.

Thanks,

Mike

Anonymous
Not applicable

We appeared to have been victim again of this lag, I was testing engagement campaign emails and I didn't get the Test sends until the following morning. Further, it seems like a scheduled internal send from Monday did not send (0 sends, 0 deliveries...)- however, is marked as "finished" on the control panel.

Definitely frustrating, any ideas if this was the result of a lag on Monday? Or is it an ongoing continuous issue?

Grant_Booth
Level 10

Sarah - did you check the campaign members to see if the leads qualified? It seems unlikely the lag would be connected to an email not sending. This topic has been more related to things being a little slower than normal in the interface, for example taking a few seconds longer than normal to load an asset when you click on it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Grant - I have been having issues with this for a while and understand quite well how the lag impacts our instance, thank you. The lag is not just affecting the interface, it ends up affecting leads' responses to rules, our sync with Salesforce, etc.

This was a send to staff members that I clone and send every week, but nothing was awry in the program or list that would keep the email from being sent. That same day, however, we were having a massive issue with the lag. Considering how married the functionalities are in Marketo, it's not out of the question to assume that this could have impacted that specific program.

Grant_Booth
Level 10

Hi Sarah,

I assure you that I did not intend to imply that you weren't familiar with your own instance. In my experience though, smart list processing and interface lag are pretty separate. As I'm sure you know, there can be a lot of little "gotchas" that prevent people from qualifying for a campaign (like communication limits) or that cause a campaign to fail (like over-use of the Member of Smart List filter causing it to time out, or a referenced smart list having an error in it). I get frustrated by these things all the time, believe me. My intention was to help you eliminate those other possibilities to be certain it was related to the performance issue in Marketo, not to belittle you.

Grant

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Grant,

I'm sorry for the sass. Frequently, instead of receiving feedback on the issue I'm asking about other users default to assuming user-error which can be frustrating when you're just looking for help/an answer. I appreciate your help and insight. With this issue (and others) I routinely go through my checklist of "gotchas" to make sure I didn't fudge something before I post. Unfortunately not the case in this instance .

Best,

Sarah