Maintaining a Clean Database After Removing Inactives

Traffic_Agency
Level 2

Maintaining a Clean Database After Removing Inactives

I am going to be purging my database from records that haven't been active for over a year. Currently, our Salesforce environment is not able to be synced with Marketo. Instead, we've been importing lists with Salesforce data into Marketo manually to ensure the data will still live in Marketo.

After I purge my database from inactive records, I don't want the same records to come back in and enter the database if they are on a list that is imported. Right now, I'm estimating around 14K inactive records will be purged. Is there a best practice for this?

1 REPLY 1
Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

Re: Maintaining a Clean Database After Removing Inactives

Technically, since there is a durable unsubscribe in Marketo, what you could do in your Smart Campaign flow for purging is to Change Data Value of Unsubscribed to TRUE before you remove the person from the database. This way, if the lead was to come back into Marketo, they wouldn't receive any emails.

Since there isn't a sync, you would have to manually do this within Salesforce too. Is there a way for you to mark all of these contacts as inactive within SFDC as well? That way, you would be able to filter out those that are inactive from any list exports in Salesforce, so that you wouldn't have those enter back into the database.