Re: Maintaining Google Analytics goal tracking when using Drupal forms and Marketo API form submission

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maintaining Google Analytics goal tracking when using Drupal forms and Marketo API form submission

Hello,

We're using Drupal and wanting to use Drupal forms that submits a Marketo form via API.

When the form is submitted we can capture UTMs via hidden fields, but the UTMs are lost on the follow-up page and therefore makes it harder to manage GA conversion tracking. My thinking is to use javascript to pass the UTMs through from the submission, but not sure if that's possible.

I'm curious to understand the method in which to ensure GA tracking is maintained after the form submission.

Any tips?

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Maintaining Google Analytics goal tracking when using Drupal forms and Marketo API form submission

We're using Drupal and wanting to use Drupal forms that submits a Marketo form via API.

I dearly hope you mean the Forms API and not another API.

When the form is submitted we can capture UTMs via hidden fields, but the UTMs are lost on the follow-up page and therefore makes it harder to manage GA conversion tracking. My thinking is to use javascript to pass the UTMs through from the submission, but not sure if that's possible.

Don't see what this really has to do with Drupal. The Marketo Forms API can forward UTMs (assuming you are also capturing those UTMs into Marketo form fields). See my answer here from earlier today: Using a token for a form follow up page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help, Sanford!