SOLVED

Re: MSI emails sent to leads not in Marketo

Go to solution
David_Gaible
Level 7

MSI emails sent to leads not in Marketo

A little background: not all of our leads/contacts in Salesforce exist in our Marketo database. Sales rep are using MSI both in Outlook and Salesforce to send Marketo emails. Do MSI emails sent through Salesforce/Outlook to leads not in Marketo show up in a lead's Salesforce activity history?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Iryna_Zhuravel4
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

I was looking through some Marketo-SFDC sync material I have saved on my hard drive and I actually found a solution to log MSI or any Marketo activities into SFDC activity history, see the screen shot below

Screenshot_1.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Iryna_Zhuravel4

The short answer is no, MSI emails sent through Salesforce/Outlook will not show up in leads activity history in SFDC, regardless of whether these leads exist in Marketo or not. This is one of the shortcomings of the MSI, we log interesting moments for all the emails sent through MSI as a workaround.

If a lead is in SFDC but not in Marketo reps cannot send emails to this lead through the Marketo tab in SFDC, this is how the MSI tab for these leads will look like

Screenshot_176.png

If a lead does not exist in Marketo (regardless of whether this lead is in your SFDC or not) here is the behavior you can expect from the Marketo email app:

- sending an email to the email address that does not exist in Marketo will create a new lead with this email addressScreenshot_174.png

- this lead will come in with no data except for the email address, so Marketo will take everything before the @ sign and put it as the first name, everything between the @ and . as the company name, and it will put "mktUnknown" instead of the last name, see one of my test leads created this way below

Screenshot_177.pngScreenshot_178.png

- this lead will be marked as marketing suspended by default

Screenshot_175.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Iryna, This is super helpful

Iryna_Zhuravel4

I was looking through some Marketo-SFDC sync material I have saved on my hard drive and I actually found a solution to log MSI or any Marketo activities into SFDC activity history, see the screen shot below

Screenshot_1.png