Re: MSI Tabs not all populating

Duane_Kennerson
Level 4

MSI Tabs not all populating

I've seen similar topics on this but not exactly what I'm experiencing so I'm starting a new thread.

We have MSI set up. Interesting moments, scoring and email all show up on pretty much a consistent basis.

However, web activity is very hit and miss. For the most part, this tab seems to never be populated or very limited even though I know there has been web activity. You can just look at the score tab and see things people scored on that included web activity. However, nothing in the web activity tab.

And then, there are the people that actually show web activity in the tab but it's very limited. It may show only one entry for a particular date but if you look at the activity in Marketo, there are several pages of web activity for different dates.

I saw some people said it may be buggy for different browsers but it's been consistently inconsistent for me. IE, Firefox, Chrome, all perform the same way. Frustrating. A valuable tool for sales agents but only if it works.

Any thoughts or insights would be appreciated. I guess a support ticket will be next but I'm sure they will not help troubleshoot the Salesforce side of it so I thought I would ask here first.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Do you have munchkin on all of the pages?

Does your audience block cookies or js?

Duane_Kennerson
Level 4

Munchkin "should" be on all the pages. It's always possible that cookies/js is blocked but we are pretty much b2c and our demographic skews older so I would think that would be a pretty small percentage.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

As Josh points out, I would check that the munchkin code is correctly rolled out.

What is your web site URL ? some of your LP's ? Do you have multiple web domains?

-Greg

Duane_Kennerson
Level 4

It "looks" correct to me. I just went and spot checked a few pages for the munchkin code and it's there unless I'm completely missing something (which is definitely possible).

The main url is icihomes.com

We do have multiple domains. The rest of the deployments are on wordpress sites.

plantationbaygolf.com

amelianationalgolf.com

tamayafl.com

oakmontfl.com

icihomesinpontevedra.com

mosaicdaytona.com

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Are you always hosting Marketo LP in the same domain as the one the trafic comes from ? Have you setup the multi-domain in Marketo ?

I would not be surprised if part of your issues come from multi-domain navigation. If you someone navigates to domain A and Marketo LP is hosted in domain B, then you cannot capture the navigation on domain A.

-Greg

Duane_Kennerson
Level 4

We don't use a lot of Marketo LP's but when we do, they are always on the lp.icihomes.com domain.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by multi-domain setup. I assume you are referencing this - http://developers.marketo.com/blog/lead-tracking-and-multiple-domains/

However, is there some setting I'm missing? This looks like it does the merge automatically when the lead from both (or all) sites become known. If this was the case, I would at least expect half of the web activity to be coming through correctly...

Thanks for your input Greg. You've always been helpful when you have responded to my questions!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Duane,

Since your LP's are hosted on the icihomes.com domain, the consequence is that if someone navigates on anoter of your domains and ends up on one of your LP, you will see none of their navigation. Remember that cookies are not shared between domains.

Since your are running your Marketo instance on multiple domains, you really need to setup Marketo multi-domain for landing pages, as explained here: Add Additional Landing Page CNAMEs - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation so that you can host your LP's in all your domains.

Also read and vote here to learn about some limitations on Marketo multi-domain capabilities:

-Greg

Duane_Kennerson
Level 4

Thanks Greg, I'll take a look into this. It's definitely possible they are going to multiple domains as we link them together in several places. I'll give you a vote as well.

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Duane Kennerson

I was convinced this was a browser issue.  I spent a few weeks trying to figure this out and never got to the bottom of it.  I am a Mac guy and found that when I used Safari it loaded about 90% of the time.  Are you using Salesforce Classic?  We recently switched to Lightening Experience and it has worked consistently ever since which makes me now think it could have been a problem with how Salesforce and the plugin were integrated in the first place.

Thanks,

Gerard