Re: MSI & Multiple Instances of Marketo

Mike_Santos
Level 1

MSI & Multiple Instances of Marketo

We currently have three Marketo Instances (connected via Universal login) sharing and/or connected to one Salesforce account. The three Marketo instances are used for various industries within our business. For example, one is for Retail, another for Manufacturing, and another for Finance.

From the looks of it, you can only connect MSI to once instance per SF account. We currently have it setup with the Retail instance of Marketo.

With that in mind – are there any workarounds to getting MSI setup with another Marketo instance to make sure my Sales team doesn't skip a beat with their leads and contacts activity?

3 REPLIES 3
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Mike

It sounds like you have one Marketo instance actually connected to Salesforce via the native connector (your retail instance), and two others connected through some kind of custom API connectivity in order to have three instances connected at once. I'm guessing you probably also use workspaces/partitions to support this model.

With the native connector you have MSI functionality, with the others you won't. The Marketo and Salesforce native connector is a one-to-one pairing, so out of the box, no, there is no way to do what you are describing.

I know others have built MSI connectivity through using Marketo APIs and building their own connections into Salesforce to support multiple Marketo instances, but this is custom development work.

Mike_Santos
Level 1

Thanks Veronica, appreciate the help!

Is there anyone I can reach out to regarding the custom development work they've done with MSI/Marketo/SF? I'd like to pick their brain regarding the process.

Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Mike - where are you based? I'm in Sydney so all my contacts are local but if you tell me where you are based I might know someone more local to you.