SOLVED

Re: Looking to Track influencer who directed someone to landing page

Go to solution
Paul_Johnson
Level 5

Looking to Track influencer who directed someone to landing page

Hello!

I'm working on a project where we want to create a landing page that help track where the lead came from. We would like to be able to have various influencers tweet/post about our service with the link to the landing page on the post. Whether by a small varition of the url which directs to the landing page, or some other way, we'd like to be able to tag the form fill out to the influencer who directed them to the landing page.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This is what the Marketo Forms Hidden Field AutoFill feature is for.

When you add a field to a form, if you set its type to Hidden you can then set it to pull its value from a query param in the URL.  Typically, source-tagged URLs use param names that start with "utm_" based on Google Analytics precedent, but you can use any name you want (like http://pages.example.com/landingpage?i=InfluencerId).

Alternately, if you don't want to permanently store this information to a lead field, you can constrain a Filled Out Form trigger by query string and take flow actions (like Add to Program) accordingly.

There are tons of posts on related topics, so I recommend you spend some time searching the Community.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This is what the Marketo Forms Hidden Field AutoFill feature is for.

When you add a field to a form, if you set its type to Hidden you can then set it to pull its value from a query param in the URL.  Typically, source-tagged URLs use param names that start with "utm_" based on Google Analytics precedent, but you can use any name you want (like http://pages.example.com/landingpage?i=InfluencerId).

Alternately, if you don't want to permanently store this information to a lead field, you can constrain a Filled Out Form trigger by query string and take flow actions (like Add to Program) accordingly.

There are tons of posts on related topics, so I recommend you spend some time searching the Community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use utm parameters for this.  Then set up a smart campaign to track visits to a page that contain the parameter.

Visits page www.mypage.com

querystring contains influencer = john doe