SOLVED

Re: Looking for Marketo Event Check-In App Guidance

Go to solution
Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Looking for Marketo Event Check-In App Guidance

Have I set up the program correctly for the Marketo Event Check-In App to work?

Here is my program setup:

assets.png

Assets:

program.png

I plan to send an invitation email that has the landing page link. Customers will fill out the form on the landing page and go through the triggered Registered flow.

Did I miss any steps in the setup? Also, if I have someone that attends the trade show that wasn't in my program and not in my database, would I be able to add that person?

Thanks

Danielle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Hi Danielle,

Adding to Cody's response. The check-in app will specifically show people who have a status of 'Registered' and once checked-in, advance them (without the need for a smart campaign) to 'Attended'.

In Admin -> Tags -> Channels you can match up the statuses 'Registered' and 'Attended' for other bespoke statuses in your campaign: ie., 'Attends booth' might match up with 'Attended', meaning when someone checks-in, they'll reach the status of 'Attends booth'.

So a couple of things from your original post,

1) you don't need a smart campaign to move people to attended

2) anyone who gets checked in will become 'attended'

3) this includes people added as a walk-in

A couple of other things..

1) make sure you have scheduled the dates for the event to be within 4 days of using the check-in app, or they won't appear

2) make sure you have a smart campaign that makes people 'registered' for an event, or they won't appear

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Cody_Haener
Level 3

Hi Danielle,

Did you go through the setup steps in Product Docs guide? Prepare for Your Event - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

If you did, when a lead registers they should show up on the registration list in the app. If a lead that isn't on the registration list is manually entered through the app at the tradeshow, they'll automatically be added to your database and the Event program with an Attended status when the app syncs.

Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Please remember that the Event needs to be scheduled within the next 7 days to show up in the app.

Danielle_Wong

Thank you for the tip Veronica! This is the first time I'm using the app!

Danielle_Wong

Hi Cody,

Thanks for the links. I did go through it, but it didn't go into detail on setting up each aspect of the campaign with regards to the trigger. I'll test what I have set up and see what happens!

Thanks!

Danielle

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Hi Danielle,

Adding to Cody's response. The check-in app will specifically show people who have a status of 'Registered' and once checked-in, advance them (without the need for a smart campaign) to 'Attended'.

In Admin -> Tags -> Channels you can match up the statuses 'Registered' and 'Attended' for other bespoke statuses in your campaign: ie., 'Attends booth' might match up with 'Attended', meaning when someone checks-in, they'll reach the status of 'Attends booth'.

So a couple of things from your original post,

1) you don't need a smart campaign to move people to attended

2) anyone who gets checked in will become 'attended'

3) this includes people added as a walk-in

A couple of other things..

1) make sure you have scheduled the dates for the event to be within 4 days of using the check-in app, or they won't appear

2) make sure you have a smart campaign that makes people 'registered' for an event, or they won't appear

Danielle_Wong

Thank you for all the great information you provided. I will keep all this in mind.

Danielle_Wong

Is there a way to edit the form when I add someone to the check in list that isn't in the program already? I want to add a specific field to the form for them to opt-in to receiving emails.

Thanks!

Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hate to say it but the answer to that is a flat no. You could vote it up, but honestly Marketo have made very few changes to this app for amlooooooong time. https://nation.marketo.com/ideas/7413#comment-18062

Most people who need that scenario build a custom landing page and form and use that to register walk-ins instead (remembering to build a page that switches off munchkin tracking).

Danielle_Wong

Hi Veronica,

I appreciate your help! That's a good idea!! So if I go the custom landing page route, I would just have the form open on a browser on the tablet/computer for people to complete. The only drawback I see is that if for some reason we do not have internet connection at a show, then the form would not save the form submissions, right?

Thanks!

Danielle