Logo image vs. typing business name in text?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Logo image vs. typing business name in text?

Does anyone have any data or can you point me to articles on the effectiveness of using an image of your logo on emails vs. typing your company name out in text? Aside from the obvious branding items, is there any information on deliverability between these formats? Is one considered more legitimate than the other? Has anyone done any A/B testing between the two formats? Any information on this topic would be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Logo image vs. typing business name in text?

Tina, I think it largely depends on audience, but I've found that using the logo is better for a more modern-looking email. Besides, if someone doesn't load images and can't see your logo, the alt text will render, and you can use that to display your company name.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tina Rothe​ when you talk about effectiveness, what do you mean? engagement? unsubscribe rates?

This sounds like a great question to AB test! If your goal is click rate, you could create the AB test on something for new leads, like a welcome email, to see which email they engage with more.

If your database is large enough, you can use an Email Programs to set up the test.

If you want your test to be ongoing until the test reaches significance, you can create a Default program, and use the "Send email" to Random Sample x. Then dependent on what email they received, add them to list a or list b.

let me know if this helps!

Ravi_Ansal2
Level 6

Hi Tina Rothe​,

Great Question i did this Test an year ago on the open rate and also on click through rate.

I would say i didn't get that significant results but the email with the logo as image was more productive.

Even though i did another test where i design an email with the images and in the alt text i tried to design the text same as images for example

"Image of Register Now button and designed the alt text using the same font and background"

VS

"Email with just images no alt text"

In this scenario the email with images and alt text wins with a great difference and since then we are using this approach. 

​Hope is helps you.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I would use an image and the ALT text with your company name.