Log user who requested the Campaign through Sales Insights

Andrew_Sielen1
Level 3

Log user who requested the Campaign through Sales Insights

Is it possible to report on/log the user that requests a campaign using sales insights? Or restrict campaigns to only certain users/profiles in sfdc (without restricting the whole sales insights module).

6 REPLIES 6
Sonali_Jadeja3
Level 4

Re: Log user who requested the Campaign through Sales Insights

Hi Andrew,

It depends on which of your Marketo fields are synced with SFDC. We use lead owner fields to identify SFDC users and so to report on the user you could create a smart list and use a filter to choose specific SFDC user by Lead owner lookup/ first name/last name/ email criteria. You will also need to use campaign was requested with source as Sales Insight as a filter.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

Sonali

Andrew_Sielen1
Level 3

Thanks for your reply.

Ideally we would like to prevent anyone who doesn't own the lead/contact from adding that person from the campaign. We currently pull through the owner, but would like to know when the owner is different than the person requesting the campaign.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Andrew,

That is not feasible with MSI. The reason is that you cannot know in Marketo who added the lead to the smart campaign.

I would rather use SFDC campaigns: ask the owners to add people to SFDC campaign and fire the Marketo smart campaign based on SFDC campaign triggers or filters.

Then, you could set some controls (validation rules) in SFDC to make sure that whoever is adding people to SFDC campaigns are entitled to do it.

-Greg

Sonali_Jadeja3
Level 4

Hi,

Have you looked at different permission sets/page layouts for different user profiles in SFDC? I don't think this is something possible via Marketo.

~Sonali

Chris_Francis
Level 4

Can you really still not see WHO triggered a campaign from SFDC?  this is a huge limiting factor of MSI.

WY
Level 4
Level 4

Hi @Chris_Francis As far as I am aware, this is not possible for MSI just yet.