Re: Live events

Jennifer_Schmel
Level 2

Live events

All of my past live events registrations are linked to a new event I'm trying to schedule. Any ideas why?

Currently, my reminder to attend email will go to all past people who have registered for any event. And in my calendar, all of the past events now say they are connected to this new event.

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

screenshot? this doesn't make sense.

Are you using separate programs for each Event?

Jennifer_Schmel
Level 2

I have not sent out this email, therefore, no one has registered for this event, but somehow it’s pulling people that have registered for past events.

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Agree with Josh, sorry Jennifer - we need more information to help you identify the issue. Are you saying that the 72 people in the screenshot should not qualify?

It's likely that either:

• You're combining multiple events into a single program, or
  • The smart campaign rules contain an error - e.g. the smart list says anyone with the program status of registered attached to any event, not just this event.

Can you provide a screenshot of the smart campaign rules and confirm that this program is built exclusively to support this event?

Jennifer_Schmel
Level 2

Well I was trying to set it up as a single program. However, it’s interesting that the status screen shows the smart list as Member of program is any, but my smart list show the program is only the single event.

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Your smart list rules look fine to me (yes the front section screenshot says "any" but it has the qualifications for the specific program under it so I don't think there's an issue there).

If you're managing multiple events through a single event program, this is likely then the cause of your issue. This smart campaign rules look for anyone who is a member of that program with that program status - so if you've run others through this same program in the past, it will pick them up.

Marketo best practice is always to have an individual event program for each individual event (and I would strongly recommend this). You either will need to restructure your way of building out these programs immediately, or select some alternate rules to identify the right people for now (sorting your program structuring later).