List registered members of program in token

Frank_Oprel
Level 2

List registered members of program in token

Is there a way to create a token that lists all members in a progam that have a specific Program Status? Particularly, I would like to select all registered members of a program.

10 REPLIES 10
Sonali_Jadeja3
Level 4

Re: List registered members of program in token

Hi Frank,

Is there a reason you want to use a token in this? Not sure if I understood your question correctly.

Basically, if you're looking for all members of a program you would create a smart list with filter 'Member of program'. That will give you all the persons engaged with that particular program.

pastedImage_0.png

Kevin_McMahon1
Level 5

Hey Frank,

A token is a variable for dynamic content that references the content specific to each individual campaign or person. A little confusing to define, but easier to understand in practice. Check out Tokens Overview to learn more about using tokens and the different tokens available.

As for your request, Sonali Jadeja​'s method is the way to go.

Frank_Oprel
Level 2

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your answer. However, the idea is that I want to send an internal email to let colleagues know which people have signed up for their events. I was thinking about creating a token that lists all people that have the Program Status 'Registered' and then use this in an email. But based on all the answers in this thead, I assume it's not possible to do something like this.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This is a much better fit for a Smart List subscription, which naturally includes info for multiple leads. It's pretty much what the feature is for.

An alert, though sent to a non-lead, still runs in the context of a single lead record.

Frank_Oprel
Level 2

An alert, though sent to a non-lead, still runs in the context of a single lead record.

I assumed so, but I was wondering whether this was a possibility at all. Thanks for clearing it up anyway!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Franck,

No, this is not possible. Theprogram member table is not accessible for velocity scripting, AFAIK. Sanford Whiteman​, do you confirm ?

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman

The program member table is not accessible for velocity scripting, AFAIK. Sanford Whiteman, do you confirm ?

Confirmed, although I don't think "token" was really meant here.

It is, however, possible to know whether someone is a program member from Velocity via a roundabout way: use Member of Program in a segmentation, then consult that seg from Velocity.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hoping you do not want to do this on too many programs

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman

Yep, it would eventually become hard to maintain, but for some high-level purposes might be handy.