Re: List import caused date/time fields to change on existing/merged records

Hoi_Nguyen3
Level 2

List import caused date/time fields to change on existing/merged records

Hi Community,

We ran into an issue when we uploaded a list into Marketo. The list contained existing records which were then merged, as expected. However, date/time fields that weren't even on the Excel sheet were then being updated. See attached screenshot.

I read that any imported date/time fields are treated as Central Time and our organization is using Pacific Time. (See article: Import a List of People - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation )

However, I'm not sure why this would matter because we aren't importing any date/time fields.

Does anyone know what may be happening?

Thanks,

Hoi

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Hoi,

What are the fields that are updated ? Look at the activity log and check when and from which source the fields were updated. Provide some screenshots of the detailed activities here if you need help.

-Greg

Hoi_Nguyen3
Level 2

Apologies. I thought I had uploaded the screenshot with my first post. See below:

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 11.41.17 AM.png

Again, we definitely did not include a column for "Created DateTime" on the Excel sheet. It just updated seemingly automatically.

Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hey Hoi,

My understanding of merged records is that MKTO should honor the oldest value it would have, but based on this field being a custom field, i'm not sure how MKTO resolves conflict on an import. I would double check the file you imported to ensure it doesn't have this field or another date field included in the file that's import alias was auto-mapped to this field. Outside of this, maybe double check "field blocking" for this record to make it unchangeable via import.

Sincerely,

Keith Nyberg