SOLVED

List Upload - Error( blank rows have been selected around 20K leads) Urgent help!

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

List Upload - Error( blank rows have been selected around 20K leads) Urgent help!

Hi Folks,

While uploading a list of around 100 leads, by mistake I have not deleted the blank rows and while converting the file to Unicode text, system has taken additional rows as #REF! on the running rows leading upto creating 20K new leads in system.

Can anyone help me, how to fix this issue? We need to clear 20K leads from the database.

Thanks.

Ashwini

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Re: List Upload - Error( blank rows have been selected around 20K leads) Urgent help!

By the way have the new leads been created without data in other fields like name, company etc? If that is the case I would add extra filters to your smart list targeting those fields with value of "is empty".  Again this is just another way to make sure your not deleting anyone by mistake and an extra step in minimizing risk.

Thanks,

Gerard

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Re: List Upload - Error( blank rows have been selected around 20K leads) Urgent help!

I would create a smart campaign.  Use created at date field to narrow down the search and then reference the field you have populated with the #REF! value.

Filter 1 = Lead Created Date = Day of upload

Filter 2 = Field with data = #REF!

This should create your smart list of 20k leads.  I would then delete those leads from you system. See my screen shots below: Make sure you double check everything.  Are you linked to Salesforce? Have the leads also been created there too? You will have to remove them from there as well or they will sync back across. This method will delete from SFDC but check with your SF admin first to confirm everything and always double and triple check this is set up correctly before activating (I remove myself from any responsibility for what you are about to do) .

In my screenshots I used the field Anchor Text, obviously you would swap this with whatever your field is.

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 9.45.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 9.45.57 AM.png

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

By the way have the new leads been created without data in other fields like name, company etc? If that is the case I would add extra filters to your smart list targeting those fields with value of "is empty".  Again this is just another way to make sure your not deleting anyone by mistake and an extra step in minimizing risk.

Thanks,

Gerard

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a ton @Gerard Donnelly.