Re: LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms Not Found

Anonymous
Not applicable

LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms Not Found

After setting up LinkedIn Lead Gen via LaunchPoint and working with our LinkedIn rep to create a campaign, I am unable to set-up a Smart Campaign in Marketo. When I use the Fills Out LinkedIn Lead Gen Form trigger, the active LinkedIn form is "not found". Marketo support said that someone had to fill out the form first before Marketo deems it active. We did that and it is still not found. Anyone else having similar issues? Any resolution?

Tags (2)
21 REPLIES 21
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

i'd push support further.

Adele_Miller
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

Did you get any update on this Joshua Weinstein​?

We are experiencing the same issue - thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

The issue was resolved, but I'm not 100% how. It was something Marketo's technical team had to fix. Once they fixed, we did have to re-authorize the launchpoint service.

Chandini_Kalsy
Level 2

We are facing similar issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My LinkedIn rep said the same thing when my Lead Gen Forms weren't showing up in the Marketo picklist. However, as soon as someone filled out the form, the form was then visible in our Marketo instance. No reauthorization needed.

I brought this up with my rep and he said it's a known issue but didn't have an idea on timeline for a fix, unfortunately.

Dan_Stevens_

Is there any way to get the company email address into Marketo?  Or is it still limited to primary email address?  For those in the B2B space, I'd be interested to hear how you're getting around this limitation.

There's a current idea around this today:

Anonymous
Not applicable

LinkedIn gives you the option to choose "email address" or "work email address" when you build out your lead gen forms. We are B2B as well so are also interested in work email addresses.

I had a call with my rep this morning and asked if we chose "Work Email Address" instead of "Email Address", if "Work Email Address" would simply just populate with "Email Address" as a default or if they would actually have to type in a work-related email. He said there is an option on your profile to add a work email along with your LinkedIn login email, so he thinks you'd have to have that work email populated on your profile for it to auto-populate on the form (he is going to get back to me after he confirms with the product team). I don't think there'd be any email validation for them to actually submit a work-related email, however (eg a lead can still provide a gmail email). His concern was that if they don't have a work email on their profile (most people don't), that the field would be blank and they would have to fill in the field on their phone - just adding another barrier to entry.

I'll try to remember to follow up here after my rep gets back to me.

Dan_Stevens_

This is very helpful - thanks Charlton!  Trevor Parsell, FYI.

Please do post back when you have more information to share.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got conflicting information back from LinkedIn...so I was told LinkedIn "should" be able to distinguish between a work related email and a personal email; however, LinkedIn doesn't give members the ability to "assign" a work email to their member profiles. In the event that LinkedIn cannot determine a "work email", the "work email" field will prepopulate with the personal email address so that the field won't be blank on the form. They encourage us to use the "work email" field in the case that a user would go in and possibly change their email even if the field is prepopulated with their personal/primary email address. Hope that helps.