SOLVED

Linked in Ads and Marketo Integration

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Linked in Ads and Marketo Integration

Has anyone had any success using linkedin ads with Marketo? We are looking at running a campaign and want to make sure that we tracking things as a program and have the ability to track attribution and assign costs appropriately.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Linked in Ads and Marketo Integration

I like to use what I call "tactic programs" that help associate ad spend with specific calls-to-action. For example, I may have an upcoming event, for which I have a Marketo program, but I'll also have a related program that associates people who sign up for the event having come from a LinkedIn ad. I'll associate all related LinkedIn spend with that program. 

It ends up looking something like this:

FILLS OUT FORM > Form is EVENT REGISTRATION > Web Page is UPCOMING EVENT > Querystring contains "src=linkedinad"

I'll have a flow step setup behind that trigger to associate those people with that tactic program, so I can always go back and see how many people were driven to sign up for this event from a LinkedIn ad. The nice thing is, I can event eventually associate revenue with those LinkedIn-sourced registrations via the SFDC Campaign sync.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like to use what I call "tactic programs" that help associate ad spend with specific calls-to-action. For example, I may have an upcoming event, for which I have a Marketo program, but I'll also have a related program that associates people who sign up for the event having come from a LinkedIn ad. I'll associate all related LinkedIn spend with that program. 

It ends up looking something like this:

FILLS OUT FORM > Form is EVENT REGISTRATION > Web Page is UPCOMING EVENT > Querystring contains "src=linkedinad"

I'll have a flow step setup behind that trigger to associate those people with that tactic program, so I can always go back and see how many people were driven to sign up for this event from a LinkedIn ad. The nice thing is, I can event eventually associate revenue with those LinkedIn-sourced registrations via the SFDC Campaign sync.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drew's approach is spot on...we do the same thing. I have a Campaign Folder that contains the "main program" (set to Operational) which contains the forms, LPs, and other assets. Then I create tactical programs that look for querystring values or specific landing pages to report cross channel. Make sure to set up proper tags as well so you can group programs together effectively.