Limit on Custom fields in Smart Lists?

Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Limit on Custom fields in Smart Lists?

What is the limit of custom fields in a Smart List?

I'm trying to get a report based on filter criteria, but am getting an error of "Too many custom fields" when trying to add the fields I need for my Excel export!

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13

Re: Limit on Custom fields in Smart Lists?

Well how many did you put in? How are you doing this?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Josh,

This happens. I do not know what the limit is, because the system does not count them for you.

-Greg

Geoff_Krajeski1

Adding to my view so I can export visible fields to Excel, and I'm not sure on the exact count, but probably around 50(ish)

Halid_Delkic
Level 3

Hi Geoffrey,

Would be interested to hear if you ever found out the export limit on custom fields?

I'm trying to export all fields too for a selection of records I'm deleting from Marketo, to keep as back-up in Excel. Couldn't find any info on this subject elsewhere in the community.

Thanks,
Halid

Geoff_Krajeski1

I did not have time to test and validate the exact number.

However, one other interesting note is on values for filter criteria....

Several times I have had to exclude specific email addresses (flubs on email sends that require multiple sends to exclude them), and it seems that it is limited to around 2,000 values, though it really seems to be a character limit from what I've seen, because I am able in some cases to add more than 2K email address lines.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Halid Delkic​ I don't believe there is a limit on fields if you export all fields for a specific record. I've exported records with over 1500 custom fields on a list of 150k people. It just takes days to export (literally).

Also, when you download the list after it completes, I've randomly found that it doesn't download all of the records the first time, no idea why. If you download a second time, it usually works. You don't have to fully export again, just hit the download button again. Very strange.